Today we will talk about different Ways To Carve a Pumpkin for Halloween and ideas in pictures
What You Need
How To Carve a Pumpkin
What You Need
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin (or as many as you want to carve)
- Brown paper grocery bags, newsprint, or butcher paper
- Sharpie or other permanent marker
- Pumpkin carving kit (including a scraper, carving knife, and a wire modeling tool) or a serrated knife, ladle, and an X-ACTO knife
- Two medium bowls (one for seeds, one for pumpkin guts)
- Kitchen towel
- Tea light candle and long match or lighter with extended nozzle
- Set up your workspace: Line a sturdy table with flattened grocery bags, newsprint, or butcher paper. Have your permanent marker, carving tools, and bowls nearby.
- Draw your design: After you’ve determined the best side of your pumpkin for a face, use the permanent marker to sketch out eyes, a nose, and a toothy grin.
- Draw your lid: Outline a circular lid around the pumpkin stem, about 5 to 6 inches in diameter. Add a notch in the back if you like — this makes it easier to line up.
- Cut out the pumpkin lid: With a slim pumpkin carving knife (the carving tool with a toothed blade like a mini-saw) or serrated knife, cut along the outline of your pumpkin lid. Make sure you slice through the pumpkin at a 45-degree inward angle, so you’ll be able to replace the lid without it falling in.
- Remove the pumpkin seeds: The seeds are all attached to the pumpkin and each other by thin strings. Grab the big bunches of seeds with your hands and place them in one of the bowls, to be cleaned later.
- Scoop out the insides of the pumpkin: Using a ladle or the scraper that came with your kit (or a metal spoon if you don’t have this tool), clean out the inside of the pumpkin until no stringy bits remain. Discard the pumpkin guts in the second bowl.
- Wipe off the pumpkin: Use the kitchen towel to wipe off the outside of the pumpkin so that it will be easier and safer to carve.
- Cut out the design: Make straight cuts into your pumpkin along the lines of your design, removing the pieces and discarding them in the refuse bowl.
- Clean up the details: Go back in and scrape out any stringy pieces or jagged lines with an X-ACTO knife or the wire tool from your carving kit. You can also scrape off the marker lines while you’re at it, though they won’t be visible in the darkness of night.
- Light your pumpkin: Insert a tea light candle in the bottom of your pumpkin. Use a long match or lighter to light the pumpkin and replace the lid. Tip: If you’re having trouble lighting the candle, try going through the mouth of the jack-o’-lantern instead of the top.
- Make roasted pumpkin seeds: Clean and dry the pumpkin seeds, then toss with oil, salt, and any desired seasonings, and roast in a low oven until golden brown. For more specific instructions see our tutorial: How To Roast Pumpkin and Squash Seeds.
55+ Easy Pumpkin Carving Ideas for Halloween
Birthday200+ Best Happy Birthday Messages and Wishes For Friends. Short And Long Birthday Wishes For Best Friend
Today we suggest you Best Happy Birthday Messages and Wishes For Friends...
Birthday200 Best Happy Birthday Sister wishes. Emotional Birthday Messages for Sister. Happy Birthday Sister Wishes List
Quotes and mems200+ Best Thank You Messages For Boss – Appreciation Quotes. Thank You Letter For Boss